Cargo Community Officer (H/F/X)
In a fast-evolving cargo & logistics industry the success and effectiveness of goods flows is more defined by companies and people’s ability to connect and cooperate with others rather than individual strengths and competencies.
Liege Airport’ cargo community has been built over the years based on individual strengths, the openness for new business and new business models and a strong feeling of togetherness. With the significant growth a large influx of new companies has been generated.
The arrival of this large group of new airport community members and the fast growth almost everybody is trying to cope with has led to a reduced community feeling, at a moment of a fast complexification of the business.
The Cargo Community Officer brings people and companies together under the motto “together we achieve more”.
He/she encourages engagement among members to improve the “Liege Airport” cargo product; to allow the community members to define & achieve their common goals and to develop a true, positive “we are Liege Airport” spirit.
In alignment with all other customer-facing departments such as Air & Ground Services, the Cargo Community Officer is a binding factor between current and future airport users and stakeholders and ensures a dynamic collaboration gets created though the organization of regular working groups, social events, inspiration sessions etc.
The main missions:
• You ensure an official Cargo Association gets created ;
• In cooperation with all other customer-facing departments such as Air & Ground Services, you build a positive and engaging image of the Liege Airport cargo community ;
• You create a strong cargo community brand and branding with presence in social networks ;
• You ensure that the functioning of the cargo association serves as trigger for collaboration, both digital (supporting the mission of the Digital Cargo Manager) and on-the-field ;
• Through personal connection you bring on board key actors into the association ;
• You organize events to strengthen the feeling of togetherness, hence the willingness for collaboration, co-development and co-creation ;
• You coordinate the organisation of the yearly WeCargo event ;
• You manage the transformation of the WeCargo event into a year-round community functioning.
• Cargo Association: you ensure an official structure is put into place with community members engaging and taking ‘co-ownership’ of their own community association.
• Stakeholder management: you will create a dynamic & positive environment that is perceived as stimulating for stakeholders to want to actively join the community and you are the trigger for companies to (re)connect to the cargo association and to participate in events and working groups
• Brand development : You create a strong cargo community brand and branding with presence in social networks and you ensure the Cargo Community branding and functioning is recognised internationally and communicate on activities and successes.
• Event organisation : you are the key person in the organisation of community events such as WeCargo, working groups on specific topics, community ‘fun & team building’ events
• You connect to relevant cargo actors (including, but not limited to airlines, ground handlers, government entities, shippers, custom agents, forwarders and trucking companies) and you have an understanding of their role within the supply chain ;
• You develop strategies to increase engagement of and interaction with stakeholders ;
• You co-define the cargo community branding guidelines and ensure implementation via online presence, social media, presence in international media and/or events ;
• You co-create and execute a community development plan, a roadmap with milestones, performance indicators and financial modelling ;
• You are on top of developments in the cargo & logistics digitalization and innovation market ;
• You gather and analyse best practices to continuously improve the functioning of the community ;
• You might travel to events to represent the Liege Cargo association in close collaboration with the Commercial & Business Development team.
• You can communicate well in English, French & Dutch, the more languages the better.
• You have a talent for organization, planning and follow-up.
• You can plan & prioritize demanding workload and meet deadlines;
• You are people oriented, team player and you have excellent written and verbal communication skills ;
• You are able to work on own initiative and to work as member of a team project ;
• You have strong attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
• You are confident in liaising with people at all levels, in an international environment.
• You are Positive, proactive can-do / hands-on attitude.
• You have excellent PC skills (MS Office).
Liege Airport offers you:
• A pleasant, stimulating and collaborative work environment;
• A dynamic team in a fast-growing company;
• Open-end, full-time contract;
• An attractive salary package with several additional advantages.