Senior Procurement Officer (M/F/X)
Under the supervision of the Accounting and Procurement Manager, your future team’s objective is to better serve internal clients by taking care of the selection and negotiation processes linked to their purchases.
As a Senior Procurement Officer, you will manage the purchases necessary for the daily functioning of the company’s headquarters. You will define and put in place procurement strategies for various categories. You will act as a commercial partner to support the company in the quality, performance, cost, risk and scheduling requirements for the correct execution of operations.
To succeed as a procurement officer, you must be able to work with relevant departments to ensure that costs stay within budget and implement innovative ideas to improve procurement strategies.
Your mission consists of the continuous improvement of purchasing processes and their integration in the ERP. To do this, you will work closely with the department managers and suppliers to create lasting collaborations.
Your tasks are mainly divided into three areas:
1. Purchasing management:
- Create purchase request, centralize and enter purchase order, monitor transactions with suppliers and convert them into the ERP
- Put in place standardized procedures and transactional purchasing techniques
- Make sure the company has good data management process to unleash reliable reporting
- Analyze data available in the ERP in order to optimize the sourcing strategy
- Prepare sourcing strategy per category, plan and manage tenders depending on the needs defined by the company
- Explore markets, negotiate prices, quantities, service level agreements and delivery schedules with suppliers
- Update the supplier database and monitor the execution of contracts
- Drive cost savings program, negotiate, renew contracts or find alternative suppliers if existing ones are not able to fulfill their obligations
- Work with legal advisors to monitor and validate contractual terms
3. Management of specific and punctual purchasing projects:
- manage specific procurement project, in close collaboration with the business (eg.: new offices, new point of sales, …)
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics/finance/foreign trade or equivalent
- You have at least :
- 3 years’ experience in the field of purchasing, including 1 year in a similar role
- some experience in purchasing (in)tangible goods and services
- You speak English fluently
- You are good at both daily administrative monitoring of purchases and research and negotiation activities with suppliers
- You have good command of IT such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ERPs (Microsoft or SAP), allowing you to use them optimally
- You are at ease with numbers (analysis and interpretation)
- You are proactive, thorough and well organized
- You like fast-paced environments and strive for excellence and results
- You are passionate about what you do and like to provide solutions to improve the company’s processes and expenses.
As well as having a unique experience - centered around values of pleasure, team spirit, performance, boldness and integrity - our client offers you:
- the opportunity to contribute to the international development of a family company from Liège;
- the chance to take part in a human and entrepreneurial adventure within a solid group;
- a friendly work environment that is adapted to reaching optimal performance;
- leadership by talents, values, trust and autonomy;
- the opportunity to progress and specialize with our internal mobility system;
- a competitive salary package with several perks;
- the possibility to work remotely for a good work-life balance.
Do you want to invest in a company that is constantly evolving and participate proactively in the improvement of a department? Don't wait any longer and apply for this job!
Job - liege - emploi - liège - purchase - achats - acheter - processus - comparaison - commande - transaction - fournisseur - ERP - SAP - data - gestion des données - reporting - stratégie - approvisionnement - planification - marché - prix - quantités - accords - service - livraison - contrats - coûts - cost - negociation - négociation - loi - juridiction - projets - procurement - purchasing -